By Joel Faflak,Julia M. Wright
- Focuses on British Romanticism whereas additionally addressing continental and transatlantic Romanticism and previous periods
- Utilizes key terms equivalent to mind's eye, chic, poetics, philosophy, race, historiography, and visible tradition as issues of entry to the examine of Romanticism and the theoretical matters and the tradition of the period
- Explores subject matters relevant to Romanticism reviews and the severe traits of the final thirty years
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
Claudia Moscovici asserts in Romanticism and Postromanticism that the Romantic history, faraway from being vital in simple terms in a historic feel, has philosophical relevance and cost for modern artwork and tradition. With an emphasis on creative culture as a continuous resource of notion and innovation, she touches upon every one major department of philosophy: aesthetics, epistemology, and ethics.
Domestic flooring and international Territory is an unique number of essays on early Canadian literature in English. Aiming to be either provocative and scholarly, it incorporates a number of (sometimes opposing) views, topics, and strategies, with the purpose of reassessing the sphere, unearthing overlooked texts, and presenting new techniques to canonical authors.
American Gothic artwork and structure within the Age of Romantic Literature analyses the effect British Gothic novels and old romances had on American paintings and structure within the Romantic period. Key figures contain Thomas Jefferson, Washington Allston, Alexander Jackson Davis, James Fenimore Cooper, Washington Irving, Thomas Cole, Edwin Forrest and Nathaniel Hawthorne.
This booklet revives and revitalises the literary Gothic within the arms of up to date girls writers. It makes a scholarly, vigorous and convincing case that the Gothic makes horror good, and establishes modern women’s Gothic fictions in and opposed to conventional Gothic. The e-book presents new, enticing views on verified modern ladies Gothic writers, with a selected concentrate on Angela Carter, Margaret Atwood and Toni Morrison.
- Lesbian Romance Novels: A History and Critical Analysis
- Romanticism and the Emotions
- Romanticism, Enthusiasm, and Regulation: Poetics and the Policing of Culture in the Romantic Period
- Romanticism, Aesthetics, and Nationalism (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- A New Companion to The Gothic (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
- The Cowboy and the Dandy: Crossing Over from Romanticism to Rock and Roll: Crossing Over in Romanticism and Rock and Roll
Additional info for A Handbook of Romanticism Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)