By Peter J. Bailey,Sam B. Girgus
Edited by means of popular Allen specialists, A better half to Woody Allen offers a suite of 26 unique essays at the director’s movies. Contributions supply a couple of divergent severe views whereas increasing the contexts within which his paintings is understood.
- A well timed significant other by means of the authors of 2 of crucial books on Allen to date
- Illuminates the movies of Woody Allen from a couple of divergent severe perspectives
- Explores the contexts within which his paintings might be understood
- Assesses Allen’s amazing filmmaking profession from its early beginnings and investigates the conflicts and contradictions that suffuse it
- Discusses Allen’s popularity as a world cinematic figure
Read or Download A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Similar film & video art books
Tsui Hark, one in all China’s most famed movie artists, is little identified outdoor of Asia although he has directed, produced, written, or acted in dozens of movie, a few of that are thought of to be classics of contemporary Asian cinema. This paintings starts with a biography of the guy and a glance at his position in Hong Kong and global cinema, his impacts, and his thematic obsessions.
The worldwide movie e-book is an available and unique exploration of the improvement of movie as worldwide and paintings shape, written specifically for college students and introducing readers to the wealthy and sundry cinematic panorama past Hollywood. Highlighting parts of distinction and similarity in movie economies and audiences, in addition to shape, style and narrative, this textbook considers a large diversity of examples and recent facts from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia and Latin the United States.
How Hollywood biopics either show off and alter a number of notions of what it ability to be an American. Biopics—films that chronicle the lives of recognized and infamous figures from our nationwide history—have lengthy been one in every of Hollywood’s most well liked and demanding genres, delivering audience numerous understandings of yankee nationwide identification.
Within the challenge physique, editors Sally Chivers and Nicole Markotic collect the paintings of 11 of the simplest incapacity students from the U. S. , the U. okay. , Canada, and South Korea to discover a brand new method of the learn of movie by means of targeting cinematic representations of what they time period “the challenge physique.
- Virtual Voyages: Cinema and Travel
- Academic Films for the Classroom: A History
- American Ethnographic Film and Personal Documentary: The Cambridge Turn
- The Artist as Curator
- 3-D Revolution: The History of Modern Stereoscopic Cinema
- Uplift Cinema: The Emergence of African American Film and the Possibility of Black Modernity
Extra info for A Companion to Woody Allen (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)