By James Clackson
- Brings jointly contributions from across the world well known classicists, linguists and Latin language specialists
- Offers, in one quantity, an in depth account of other literary registers of the Latin language
- Explores the social and political contexts of Latin
- Includes new debts of the Latin language in mild of contemporary linguistic theory
- Supplemented with illustrations protecting the advance of the Latin alphabet
Read Online or Download A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
The continued cultural encounters of the Americas, among ecu and indigenous cultures, and among medical materialism and premodern supernaturalism, have originated new narrative kinds. whereas supernatural brief fiction of the Americas belongs to the large class of the wonderful, that's in general approached synchronically, analyzing audiences of the earlier 2 hundred years have shifted their ideals concerning the supernatural numerous occasions.
It is a profound research of the way modern Arab American girls writers who've been marginalized and silenced, specially after September 11, are mentioning the racism, oppression, and marginalization they adventure within the usa and are commencing to discover the particularities in their personal ethnic histories.
What's it the legacy that humankind has been residing with on the grounds that 1945? We have been as soon as confident that point used to be the agent of switch. yet long ago decade or , our event of time has been reworked. know-how preserves and inundates us with the previous, and we understand our destiny as a suite of converging and dangerous inevitabilities: nuclear annihilation, worldwide warming, overpopulation.
"The dead Mouths" and different Literary Writings brings to English-language readers literary writings--several formerly unknown--by Simone de Beauvoir. Culled from assets together with numerous American college collections, the works span many years of Beauvoir's profession. starting from dramatic works and literary concept to radio publicizes, they jointly demonstrate clean insights into Beauvoir's writing strategy, own lifestyles, and the honing of her philosophy.
- John Donne – “The Flea” and Andrew Marvell – “To His Coy Mistress”: Metaphysical poetry: Virginity, sexuality and seduction in conceits
- Paradise Lost and the Cosmological Revolution
- "The Corrections" by Jonathan Franzen: Character Analysis
- Even a Blind Chick Sometimes Finds A Bargain. Analysis of "Chick Lit" in Relation to Post-Feminism and the Market: On the Example of Sophie Kinsella’s “Confessions of a Shopaholic”
Extra resources for A Companion to the Latin Language (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)